April Fools Day or Opening Day Celebration?

Tomorrow is April 1st. So what does that mean to you?

For some it is 'a fool's day' of jokes and trickery. For others, they will associate it as the National's opening day celebrating a new baseball season with (if you believe the predictions of ESPN and Sports Illustrated) high hopes for a World Series season.

For me, it is back to work day after a week off with my family (and thanks to Karen for being a guest blogger in my absence!). If you are like me, getting back into the routine takes a day or two - yesterday was a day of travel, laundry and food shopping. Today is plowing through emails and getting ready to return to the routine.
Upon my return to the area, I was struck how many tulips have come out and trees are starting to bloom in just one week.  I love this time of year and the 'new beginning' it  brings.  I hope everyone had a happy Easter and Passover and look forward to getting into the spring spirit together.

Neil

P.S.  Oh, you want to know what we did for vacation.... well, at the recommendation of my son and his friends, we spent the week in Florida going to different spring training games (and a trip to LegoLand and to Harry Potter at Universal between games). My parents, who live in Florida, joined us for some of it but they were smart enough not to try to keep up! Here is a picture at the Red Sox's new Jet Blue Stadium near Fort Myers.


Comments

  1. Glad you got to see your parents and had a good time with your family. I was on vacation for the spring break as well and I fully agree about the importance of taking a break from work.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!