This summer, I posted about the FitBit® pedometer and my personal wellness goal to add steps of activity to my day. On Monday, September 16, MedStar Health kicks off a wellness initiative so that we all get and stay active. Let’s Get Active! is your opportunity to improve your activity level and create some healthy changes in your life. The challenge ends on October 14 and there are prizes to be had! And EVERY associate who participates gets a pedometer to help keep track!
For this challenge, you must record the equivalent of one-mile per day of activity 5 days per week during the 4-week challenge period. You must enter your activities into the MyActivity Tracker. There are over 200 activities you can do that the MyActivity Tracker will convert to “step equivalents” for this challenge. For example, participating in 9 minutes of a basketball game equals approximately 2,182 steps, which is a little over the one-mile equivalent.
Here’s how it works:
- Register online starting Friday, September 6, at MedStar MyHealth OnLine, www.MedStarMyHealth.org. The deadline to register is Sunday, Sept. 15, 11:59pm ET. To get started:
- Click on "Health Tools" under MyHealth Central
- Select "Wellness Event Registration"
- Follow the instructions to register for Let's Get Active!
- We'll be sending more details about where and when to pick up your pedometer.
- Beginning September 16, through October 14, use the MyActivity Tracker at MyHealth Online (www.MedStarMyHealth.org) to track your daily activity.
- As a registered participant you will be eligible to win prizes by:
- Logging your steps (or the equivalent of one mile or more)
- Five or more days per week
- For each of the next four weeks
Go to www.MedStarMyHealth.org now to register. Email LetsGetActive@evolenthealth.com with your questions.
(For IT support, including questions about logging into MyHealth OnLine, contact the Health and Wellness Service line at 855.242.4871, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
I’m going to get started with open transparency - here is my baseline report from my FitBit and my personal goal is to make sure each week the average number of steps and miles per day hit my goal (10,000 steps per day and 5 miles per day). As you can see, I have some work to do! I will update you on my progress.
What do you plan to do to “get active?”