Flu Vaccine Time



It is a beautiful Saturday and while running errands today I saw this sign outside my local drug store. 

This reminded me that it is October and that means its time to get our flu shot.  As associates in the healthcare field, we have a responsibly that goes beyond taking care of ourselves or our family.  Data shows that a healthcare system that requires influenza vaccines of their staff reduces our patients' risk. Even if you do not have direct patient contact, you undoubtedly come into contact with someone who does so everyone counts!  MedStar has achieved >99.9% compliance for the last few years and I am sure we will again this flu season.  

When I graduated medical school, we all took the Hippocratic Oath together which included "'I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgement and never do harm to anyone."  Giving a sick patient the flu would certainly do harm so lets prevent that.

MedStar associates can get the flu vaccine at any MedStar facility (at occupational health) or from their own physician (bring in documentation to human resources). For those at University Town Center, we will hold a flu clinic on Tuesday, October 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.


Comments

  1. First flu case diagnosed in Maryland
    Baltimore Sun - The state's first confirmed flu case this season was detected Thursday in a child living in the Washington suburbs, state health officials said. Full story at:

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/blog/bal-first-flu-case,0,5016500.story

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!