Positive Thoughts = Positive Results

Guest Post:
Melissa (Mel) Goodrich, Director of Human Resources
MedStar Diversifieds & MedStar Health Research Institute
  
There are some phrases that I have come to realize we use too much. The main ones...
  • How are you today?
  • How are you doing?
  • Are you Okay?
My answer is always "yes I am fine thank you for asking". Or I will say, "yes I am okay". I don’t even know what okay and fine really means.

I am changing my phrases to engage and I hope many others do as well. I don't really want to know someone is fine or okay. I want them to be much better than that. If they are not better than fine or okay, I want to see what I can do to help.

My new phrases I think are going to be…
  • What amazing things have you seen or done today?
  • Any good stories to share?
  • What's new in your world these days?
Willie Nelson said once you start to replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you will have positive results. Willie was not the strongest businessman but he was often happy. I think I will give it a try.

What makes you engage in a conversation? What makes you want to know more?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!