Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Over the years, a lot of people have asked me to share more about my life outside of MedStar so let me tell you about last weekend...

I had the great pleasure of celebrating my parents' 65th wedding anniversary!  Isn't that unbelievable!!  My parents met when my Mom was only 14 years old and married several years later when my Dad returned from the Korean war.  It was wonderful to be with them and their friends to honor this milestone, hear stories about how they met and get to know their friends better.

Being there with them, I recognize they are the reason for much of my professional achievements - from my Dad, who was a self-employed electrician, I learned the importance of hard work, getting 'the job done', the power of empowering others and the paramount importance of 'customer service'.  My Mom had several jobs over the years as a book-keeper or salesperson and taught me about the value of interpersonal skills, persistence, and confidence.  Thank you Mom and Dad for all you have given me and Happy Anniversary! 

Below are some pictures from when they met, their wedding picture and a few pictures from this weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!