My MedStar eVisit Experience


AFTER THE POST EARLIER THIS WEEK ON MEDSTAR E-VISIT THERE IS THIS VERY NICE PERSONAL STORY FROM ANGELA ABOUT HER EXPERIENCE DURING HER RECENT E-VISIT - THANKS ANGELA!

Guest Blogger: Angela Thomas, MPH, MBA, Executive Director, Health Services Research Administration

I had the pleasure of spending this past Christmas in Puerto Rico!  In anticipation of needing to look great in a bathing suit, I increased my workouts significantly, but right before the trip, my right hip began to hurt.  With each day, the pain worsened. I still went zip lining, horseback riding (check out the photo!), ATVing, salsa dancing, and of course hitting the beach I worked so hard to enjoy.

When I returned, I was actually limping. I knew I needed to see someone.  The thought of making an appointment and waiting to see someone was out of the question.  Finding time to go to MedStar Prompt Care was not very appealing.  Then I remembered downloading the eVisit app on my iPhone when Dr. Weissman first mentioned it.  This was my time to use it!
In my office at MI2, I took the plunge. After quickly entering my insurance info, the reason for the visit, and a 10-minute wait, a physician was on my screen – like FaceTime!  I described what happened, she instructed me to touch here and there and tell her what I felt.  After a few minutes, I had a diagnosis – bursitis in my hip from overtraining – too many burpees!  She told me to rest it, ice it, take an anti-inflammatory, and do hip exercises (she demonstrated them). 
In a few weeks, I no longer needed to ice or take an anti-inflammatory.  Two months later, I resumed doing burpees!  MedStar eVisit was JUST what I needed.  I didn’t have to take off work, was able to get a diagnosis and treatment plan, and was even able to get a prescription refill for another condition (she had access to my other MedStar records)! 
I highly recommend MedStar eVisit!  It works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!