Healthy Eating is More Than Counting Calories

Guest Blogger: Karen Wade, Vice President, Research Administrative Services

I was very excited about the launch of Healthy Eating Week at MHRI. I felt more than prepared to engage others in this initiative as I was confident my diet was already healthy.

Well, I shared my excitement with my husband who brought me back to reality. He gave me “food for thought” by pointing out if I truly wanted a good gauge on how healthy I was eating I should take the time to read the nutritional information on some of my “healthy” snacks.


What an eye opening experience! I would often focus on calories and labeling but not what was contained in the snack. To my surprise, there was far more sugar and ingredients that I could not pronounce then I ever imagined. Do you know how hard it was for me to tell him he was right? No worries, I did thank him for giving me a new perspective on my healthy eating as having this information has really transformed my eating habits.

How healthy are your eating habits?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!