Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Healthy Eating is More Than Counting Calories

Guest Blogger: Karen Wade, Vice President, Research Administrative Services

I was very excited about the launch of Healthy Eating Week at MHRI. I felt more than prepared to engage others in this initiative as I was confident my diet was already healthy.

Well, I shared my excitement with my husband who brought me back to reality. He gave me “food for thought” by pointing out if I truly wanted a good gauge on how healthy I was eating I should take the time to read the nutritional information on some of my “healthy” snacks.


What an eye opening experience! I would often focus on calories and labeling but not what was contained in the snack. To my surprise, there was far more sugar and ingredients that I could not pronounce then I ever imagined. Do you know how hard it was for me to tell him he was right? No worries, I did thank him for giving me a new perspective on my healthy eating as having this information has really transformed my eating habits.

How healthy are your eating habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment