Research Compliance Director Presents at National Conference


Guest Blogger:
Kate Cohen, JD, CHRC, CIP 
Research Compliance Director (Office of Corporate Business Integrity)

I had the pleasure of speaking at the 13th Annual Clinical Research Billing Conference in Orlando, Florida during the first week of March. I was asked to present about the value of partnering with compliance as part of your research billing program. I was paired with Quincy Byrdsong, Executive Director for Research Administration at WellStar Research Institute in Marietta, Georgia, and together we spoke about the integral role that both ethics and compliance should play in a research billing program.



It was rewarding to meet so many research billing professionals from across the country. I felt warmly welcomed into this group of professionals and spent the few days of the conference comparing processes, exchanging stories, and promising to use each other as resources. The connections I have the opportunity to make at these conferences are invaluable. It’s nice to be able to “phone a friend” when you need to!

During the conference, I was lucky enough to win a stuffed animal and a pair of Mickey hands and mouse ears from one of the vendors, which delighted my children. I appreciate the support of the MedStar Office of Corporate Business Integrity, which allows me to accept speaking invitations like this one and attend conferences where I can continue to grow as a research compliance professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Betsey, Lucy, and Anarcha: Recognition and Remembrance" with MHRI

World Medical Innovation Forum 2018

MedStar Health's Upcoming Advertising Campaign!